Do you have a complicated reference question? Are you wondering how to get started on a research project? Do you need help downloading an e-book?
You’ve come to the right place!
LPL’s Book-a-Librarian service allows you to reserve appointments with our professional & skilled librarians for up to one hour of uninterrupted, personalized reference, or technical assistance.
How to schedule an appointment
- Visit the Reference Desk on the first floor for more information.
- Call (717) 394-2651 x1350 and leave a message detailing how you can best be contacted or email the info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your call or email will be returned within two business days.
Librarians can help with all sorts of questions, including:
- Finding a good read, for you or your book group.
- Downloading ebooks and/or audiobooks.
- General library resources, including databases.
- A research project for school.
- Business plan research and small business resources.
- Consumer and health education.
- Genealogy resources.
- Local historical research using newspaper archives.
- Basic computer help.
- Other LPL Digital Content
- Using your device.
- Using the Internet and/or email.
- Using a specific app.
Please note, there may be some requests that we are unable to assist with if it falls outside of the scope of the library’s mission.
For example, we cannot offer advice (e.g., legal, medical, financial) except to advise users of reputable sources of evaluative information.
Lancaster Public Library observes a strict confidentiality policy. Your question will always remain confidential.