We are now open for in-person, “Grab + Go” access to library materials! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience we can without putting our patrons, staff, and the community at risk. As a result, in-person visits will look different than they did in pre-COVID times. In addition, we continue to encourage everyone to take advantage of our digital materials and virtual programs.
The health and safety of library staff and patrons is our top priority. Here are the COVID precautions we are taking to help keep everyone safe while visiting the Library:
😷 All visitors are required to wear an appropriate face mask, keeping the nose and mouth covered at all times, to enter and while inside the library. Children under the age of two are the only exception.
Updated 5/20/21: Lancaster Public Library continues to require that all visitors over the age of two wear a mask that covers the nose & mouth in the library during their visit. While State regulations have relaxed for fully vaccinated individuals, many families that visit the library will be with children who are not yet fully vaccinated or able to be vaccinated. We remain committed to keeping the library OPEN and SAFE for everyone to enjoy.
🧍↔️🧍 For everyone’s health and safety, please practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others.
👥 Building capacity is reduced, per state and local guidance. If the library meets its capacity limit, you may be asked to wait outside until other patrons have departed.
🖐🤒 If you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please wait until you’re feeling better to visit the library.
- Lancaster City Branch: Monday – Thursday, 9AM – 7PM; Friday, 9AM – 5PM; Saturday, 9AM – 2PM
- Mountville Branch: Monday – Thursday, 10AM – 7PM; Friday, 10AM – 5PM; Saturday, 10AM – 1PM
What’s available at the Library?
- Grab + Go service!
- Visit the Library when it’s convenient for you during open hours to browse the collection and check out materials, plus pick up hold items.
- Patrons are asked to keep their browsing time brief. We suggest you plan ahead to optimize your time, but we know you’re trying your best.
- Public computers are available.
- Because of limited equipment (due to social distancing) sessions are limited to 60-minutes per user/day with no extensions.
- Printing, copying, and scanning services are available.
- Passport services are available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Lancaster City Branch.
- We will continue to fill Grab Bags with books & DVDs based on your input and interests.
- The Juliana Bookstore is open limited hours.
What’s not yet available?
- Public restrooms and drinking fountains are unavailable at this time.
- Charging personal devices is not currently allowed.
- No eating or drinking allowed.
⚠️🤒 Please postpone your visit if you are feeling unwell. LPL is always open online. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming, including eBooks, music, movies and much more that you can access virtually 24/7.
🚗📚 If you do not wish to enter the building or cannot wear a face mask, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.