Lancaster Public Library is OPEN for in-person access to library materials! Visit anytime it’s convenient during open hours to browse the collection, check out materials, and pick up your hold items.
As of March 1, 2022, masks are no longer required inside the library. Current CDC recommendations state: “At all levels, people can wear a mask based on personal preference, informed by personal level of risk. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.” We encourage all staff members and visitors who wish to continue wearing masks to please do so. We expect all patrons to be respectful of others’ choices regarding mask-wearing.
In addition, furnishings have returned to both Lancaster Public Library locations allowing patrons to linger longer inside the buildings. What’s more, we’ve returned to a (mostly) full slate of in-person programming!
While in-person visits still look a little different than they did in pre-COVID times, our goal remains the same – to provide visitors with information, ideas, and enriching experiences.
- Lancaster City Branch: Monday – Thursday, 9AM – 7PM; Friday & Saturday, 9AM – 5PM
- Mountville Branch: Monday – Thursday, 10AM – 7PM; Friday, 10AM – 5PM; Saturday, 10AM – 1PM
What’s available at the Library?
- In-person access to library materials!
- Visit the Library when it’s convenient for you during open hours to browse the collection and check out materials, plus pick up hold items.
- Public computers are available.
- Printing, copying, and scanning services are available.
- Passport services are available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Lancaster City Branch.
- Courtesy charging stations for personal devices (30-minute limit).
- We will continue to fill Grab Bags with books & DVDs based on your input and interests.
- The Juliana Bookstore is OPEN!
- The public restrooms are open.
What’s not yet available?
- Drinking fountains are unavailable at this time.
- No eating or drinking allowed.
⚠️🤒 If you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of illness, please wait until you’re feeling better to visit the library. LPL is always open online. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming, including eBooks, music, movies and much more that you can access virtually 24/7.
🚗📚 If you do not wish to enter the building, please contact us and we will work with you to meet your needs.