Contactless Curbside Pickup is the start of our tiered return-to-service plan, and it is available at the Lancaster City & Mountville Branches. We have worked to create a process that balances safety precautions with delivering library services to the Lancaster community.
Monday & Tuesday: 10AM – 2PM
Wednesday & Thursday: 2PM – 6PM
Friday & Saturday: 9AM – 1PM
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCESS:
- NEW! Place a hold by emailing us!
- Email your request to the relevant department/Branch below:
- Your email should include the following information:
- Library card number
- Item format (Audiobook, CD, DVD, Blu-ray, etc…)
- Try this shortcut:
- Log into My Account,
- Create a list of items you want to request,
- Email the list to yourself,
- Forward list to appropriate library email including your name and library card number.
- Once your request has been filled, we will email to let you know when the hold/s will be ready for pick up.
- Depending on availability and volume of requests, it’s possible not all requests will be filled.
- Place a hold by calling the Lancaster City or Mountville Branch.
- We will start with lending print materials, DVDs, and CDs during the Yellow Phase.
- Phones will be open during CURBSIDE HOURS ONLY.
- Have your library card ready when you call.
- You may place up to ten (10) items on hold/library card.
- Library cards with accumulated fines over $6 will have their borrowing privileges suspended.
- You can choose to pay your fines online or over the phone.
- Your hold will be available the next business day we are open.
- Placed your hold on TUES? Pick it up WED between 2-6PM.
- Placed your hold on SAT? Pick it up MON between 10AM-2PM.
- And so on…
- Holds will be checked out, bagged, and placed on the Curbside Pickup table.
- Lancaster City Branch – table located outside library’s rear doors (accessible via Cherry Street).
- Mountville Branch – table located near lobby doors.
- Look for and take the bag/s with your name and the last four digits of your library card number.
- Thank you to Stauffer’s for providing us with bags!
- Holds will expire at end of business on your pickup day.
- Masks MUST be worn while on library property.
- This includes visits to book drops or the Curbside Pickup table, as well as when you’re on library property to access Wi-Fi.
- Please maintain social distancing while on library property to drop off or pick up materials.
- One person/family at a time at the Curbside Pickup table.
- There is no delivery of library materials between library locations at this time. Because of this, library patrons must request materials that are on the shelves of the Lancaster City or Mountville Branch.
- All holds placed before the library closure on March 13 are now cancelled. Due to the limitations of the library database software, there was no easy way to fulfill existing patron holds while allowing for the safe and timely handling of library materials. We regret any inconvenience this causes you.
*The Leola Branch will not reopen during the Yellow Phase.