A library card for the Lancaster Public Library will be issued without charge to any resident of Lancaster County who is five years old or more.
A child under the age of 14 years must have the library card application form signed by a parent or legal guardian who agrees to assume responsibility for monitoring the materials borrowed by the child, as well as the child’s fines and the cost of any lost or damaged materials.
Applicants will need to produce proof of address from one of the following sources:
- A valid driver’s license
- A current identification card
- A bill from a utility company of retailer addressed to the person and dated in the last three months
- A tax bill for a Lancaster County property
- Working papers issued to a teenager
- A copy of a current lease or deed for a Lancaster County property
- Checks with a pre-printed Lancaster County address
- Valid Lancaster County school ID
Non-residents of Lancaster County should see the librarian to obtain a card.
An institutional library card is issued to a Lancaster County organization that assumes responsibility for all borrowed materials. The application must be accompanied by a letter on the letterhead of the organization applying for the card, accepting responsibility for all borrowed materials and signed by the director of the organization. Overdue fines will be incurred for any materials not returned by the due date. Special loan periods can be arranged upon request.